There are many things to consider when you’re building or renovating your home. Boutique Lawyers can handle all of them.
Boutique Lawyers focus on helping home owners in every facet of building law. And we’ll get you a great outcome. Specifically, Boutique Lawyers handles:
• Advice on Building Contracts (before you sign)
• Arbitration & Mediation
• Building Disputes (representing homeowners)
• Debt Recovery
• Home Warranty & Insurance Claims
• Insolvency & Bankruptcy
• Tribunal & Court Attendances
If you’re a homeowner and have a dispute regarding defective works, with the right representation, with Boutique Lawyers you will get a positive outcome.
What makes Boutique Lawyers so different than other firms handling building disputes? We’re glad you asked.
You will be our number 1 priority. Boutique Lawyers only take a select few clients at a time. This means we can focus on your case and give you the time and attention you deserve.
Boutique Lawyers offer fixed fee billing. We believe you’ve had enough surprises with the defective work done on your home. You don’t need surprises with your legal fees. Our fixed-fee billing gives you peace of mind.
We only represent homeowners in building disputes. We are 100% focused on the law regarding defective works for homeowners in the jurisdiction of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. Nothing else.
Boutique Lawyer’s 10 Guiding Principles ensure we are always working with your interests at heart:
1. We will fight for what we believe in.
2. We will be selective about who we represent—we won’t work with everyone who walks through our doors.
3. We will maintain the highest standards and quality by serving a few clients.
4. We will win for our clients.
5. We will be unlike any other lawyers.
6. We will always value effectiveness over efficiency. Efficiency itself , unless it contributes to a meaningful outcome, is not enough.
7. We will have an organisation where the principals are personally involved with every client, even if this means limiting the number of clients the firm will accept.
8. We will never accept good enough as good enough.
9. We will bill fairly on a fixed fee basis—there will be no surprises.
10. We will work with good people who deserve a great result.
Boutique Lawyers is a small, boutique law firm. That means we don’t work with every one who walks through our door. We want to make sure we have the time to focus 100% on your needs to provide outstanding quality of service. Boutique Lawyers works with people who meet the following criteria:
1. Homeowners who have received defective work on their home with a claim over $80K.
2. Homeowners who have tried to settle the matter with the builder or owner, but to no satisfactory result.
3. Homeowners who are good, honest people who we can represent with pride.
There are a few words that describe Partner Olivia Terziovski: passionate, fun, creative, dedicated. But when it comes to resolving building disputes for homeowners, she can best be described as a pit bull (loyal, tenacious, smart, and a fighter).
Olivia believes that dealing with your home is different than other disputes. Home is where the heart is. It is the place where you can relax and leave the world behind. When something happens to your home, it hits you hard. Olivia’s passion for helping homeowners comes from her own difficult experience. Her family was involved in a building case that took a terrible toll on them, both financially and personally. Olivia vowed she would help other people through these disputes with compassion and care—and a winning attitude.
Olivia graduated from Monash University with a Bachelor of Laws, and was soon admitted to practice as a lawyer. She started her career at a small law firm specializing in civil litigation and business law. It is here that she developed a love for working with individuals and small businesses, feeling she could really make a difference for this group.
She also developed a reputation as an effective lawyer and in 2009 was invited to join a prestigious firm in Melbourne CBD and Sydney CBD focusing on franchising, commercial leasing, and trademarks. It was a great experience working with the big guys, but she missed the small firm in the suburbs—she loved the ability to focus on people rather than billable hours, which the small firm offered.
In 2012, she went out on her own—taking her winning record, varied experience, and desire to change the way the whole legal industry operates and deals with clients with her. And Boutique Lawyers’ client-first focus is one of those changes that she will bring to you.
Outside of being a super lawyer, Olivia reads everything, stays fit (important for kicking you-know-what), and plays with her kids (which keeps her very well grounded). She also enjoys spending quiet time in the sanctuary of her beautiful home.
We can’t focus on getting you results if we’re busy watching the clock. So we don’t.
Boutique Lawyers bill a fixed fee price, and we do what it takes to win your case.
The old model of time costing just doesn’t work anymore. It’s tedious for us, and costly for you. You’ve had enough surprises with the defective work on your home. You don’t need surprises from your lawyer. That’s why we have a fixed fee structure. Here’s how it works:
1. We discuss your case with you to determine what services you need.
2. We quote you a fixed fee price for these services.
3. We win your case for you.
4. You pay the fee, regardless of how much time we spent on your case.
Boutique Lawyers also offers three different payment plans. Why? Because, depending on your situation, you’ll have different needs and different abilities to pay the legal fees. We’ve set up options that work with your situation.