D’Arcy Sloman Peacock Lawyers is a firm of highly experienced solicitors providing a range of legal services at competitive rates.
Vince D’Arcy started the firm with is partner Des Sloman who in 2010 retired from the practice. Chris Peacock merged with Des and Vince in 2008. Amy Wood who had been working in the firm for many years as a paralegal to Des took his place as a fully qualified Solicitor on his retirement.
As a team we call upon our collective resources to provide an excellent, well-rounded range of legal services to the local community.
Vince D’Arcy – Principal/Partner
Vince has very extensive knowledge from both inside and outside the local court system, particularly in the criminal jurisdiction. Vince’s main practice areas are as follows: -
• Criminal Law – both Local Court and District Court matters but specialising in Local Court criminal/traffic matters
• Civil and Commercial Litigation – in Local, District and Supreme Courts as well as the Consumer, Trade & Tenancy Tribunal with an emphasis on construction law and possession/mortgagee litigation
Amy Wood – Employed Solicitor
Amy practices in conveyancing, leasing, the sale and purchase of businesses and wills and estates. Amy has a very hands on approach to her clients and files taking that approach from Des Sloman
PURCHASES (Torrens title/strata title)
• Flat professional fee of $1,295.00 plus GST
• Approx. $300 for disbursements. The main disbursements are searches pertaining to the title of the property which can only be carried out after exchange.
* Please note that Strata, Pest and/or Building Inspection Reports are not included in this figure.
SALES (Torrens title/strata title)
• Flat fee of $995 plus GST
• Approx. $200 - $350 for disbursements.
OLD SYSTEM CONVEYANCING (Sales/Purchases), LEASES PURCHASE OR SALE OF BUSINESS
• Quotes can be provided verbally over the phone or in person once we have learned a little more about the nature of the matter.
• Simple Wills - $125 plus GST
• Complex Wills - $200 plus GST
• Specialist Wills eg. for parents with a child with a disability - $300.00 plus GST
• Power of Attorney - $100 plus GST.
Powers of Attorney which are intended to operate over land must be registered at the NSW Land & Property Information Authority. This will incur an additional registration fee of $93* and registration attendance fee of $27.50.
* Subject to change every new financial year at the discretion of the NSW Land & Property Information Authority.